City of Melbourne
The City of Melbourne is located on east central Florida’s Space Coast. It is about an hour’s drive south of the Kennedy Space Center, and 1-1/2 hours due east of Disney World. The City is in the southern portion of Brevard County. Interstate-95 runs through the county from north-to-south. Access roads from the west include the Beachline Expressway (formerly the Beeline) and U.S. 192, which runs through the city to the beaches.
While most of the city is located on the Florida mainland, a small portion is located on a barrier island. The Indian River Lagoon separates the mainland from the island. Spanning the Indian River Lagoon to connect the mainland to the barrier island are a pair of four-lane, high-rise bridges — the Melbourne Causeway and the Eau Gallie Causeway.
- Brevard Zoo
- Wickham Park
- Melbourne International Airport Site
- Best Places to Live
- The Official Site for the City of Melbourne (The Harbor City)
- Visit Florida.com
Melbourne International Airport is located near the center of the city. Melbourne contains defense and technology companies with a high concentration of high-tech workers. The following corporations have operations in Melbourne:
- DRS Technologies employed 910 workers in 2009. Another reference says 1,800 workers in 2009, 1,300 in 2010.
- General Electric Transportation Systems and GE Energy Management
- Harris Corporation (including corporate headquarters)
- Northrop Grumman employed 1,640 workers in 2009.
- Rockwell Collins employed 1,430 in 2009.
- Embraer completed a 89,000 square feet (8,300 m2) hangar and administrative office at the Melbourne Airport in February 2011.[
- Ares Defense who created the Ares Shrike 5.56 modular belt-fed machine gun platform.
LiveTV has its headquarters here.
This city is a great place to call home. Come join us and enjoy this beautiful city with all that it has to offer! Travel opportunities and night life await you. This city has it all.
There are no schools near by this property.