Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Frank Smith was the first settler of Micco in 1877. In 1880, a post office was established under the name Chipco, however it was discontinued after only a year. It was re-established under the name Micco in 1884. It is a quiet place that one can enjoy traquility and also the relative proximity to the water.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 9.9 squar
e miles (25.6 km2), of which 7.6 square miles (19.7 km2) is and and 2.2 square miles (5.8 km2), or 22.78%, is water.